With most of us focused on productivity as many of us return to our workplaces, office cleaning companies in Toronto are concentrating on delivering dedicated hygiene and sanitization services to our working environments.
There are a few things you can do on a daily basis, between regular cleaning schedules, to maintain cleanliness at work.
1. Declutter and Organize
As a result of working from home during the past couple of years, we have learned to minimize paperwork and clutter to avoid invading our families’ privacy. Now that we are back at work, we should maintain this discipline.You can also do the following to combat stress and distractions:
- Minimize paper trails and make full use of desktops or laptops.
- Utilize filing cabinets, organizers, and drawers for storage.
- Find a home for everything important to your work that lands on your desk.
- Dedicate a folder for “Rogue Documents” (hard copies) and file/shred once a week.
- Align everything on your desk perpendicular or parallel to the edge of your desk at the end of the working day. This tidies your desk and will motivate you the next morning.
2. Clean, Sanitize, and Disinfect
There has never been a greater need to clean, sanitize and disinfect. You’re now more aware than ever, that items in high-traffic areas and those we handle daily are subject to cross-contamination.
Microfiber cloths (colour-coded for different areas), hand sanitizer, and rubbing alcohol are effective tools to keep in your cleaning arsenal. Ensure rubbing alcohol contains 70% isopropyl alcohol for effective cleaning and disinfecting.Ideally, wipe down the following areas after your lunch break and before you go home:
- All your electronics (phone, calculator, stationery, keyboards, mouse, monitors, fax, scanners, and copiers).
- Desk counter and chair armrests.
- Door knobs, light switches and power plugs/points.
3. Power Wash and Deep Clean
Washrooms, kitchens, lobby areas, boardrooms, and outdoor areas, all form a large portion of your workplace that require regular and comprehensive maintenance.
Our professional office cleaning company offers a variety of services for cleaning upholstery, floors, carpets, walls, ceilings, and windows. Cleaning is done thoroughly and efficiently using high-tech equipment, commercial-grade cleaning agents, and experienced cleaners.
In other words, a more thorough and meticulous approach is taken to maintain a sanitary and clean office, inside and out. Additionally, it means you don’t have to worry about cleaning and can concentrate on growing your business.